Ballard Power Systems has a Regular Full-Time position available for an MEA Engineer or Scientist at our Burnaby location. The successful candidate will work within the MEA Engineering team to support the development of MEA designs for new products as well as support designs already in production. The role is highly cross functional, requiring coordination with Research, Product Engineering and Operations, thus strong organization and communication skills are critical.
Support translation of MEA and higher level requirements into subcomponent requirements for Research teams.
Work with cell designers and component owners to ensure design targets are achievable.
Work with test engineers to ensure alignment between analysis and verification data.
Employ MEA models to help understand performance and durability implications of different MEA design options.
Work with Planning and Manufacturing teams on custom MEA fabrication.
Prepare and release engineering documentation (e.g. analysis reports, MEA drawings, specifications, and DFMEA).
Relevant engineering or science degree
- 1-5 years of experience in fuel cells – MEA experience preferred
- Understanding of key CCM and MEA manufacturing processes an asset
- Understanding of engineering tools like DFMEA and Six Sigma skills an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with structured problem solving methods
- Strong organization and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work quickly and reliably while under pressure
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.