Ballard Marine Construction is a leading marine infrastructure and utility contractor based in Washougal, WA with regional offices and projects throughout North America. Our experience enables us to adapt quickly to unique problems and resolve potentially costly situations for our clients. In addition, we have the proven ability to customize systems and management teams for individual projects.
Employees are an integral asset to ensuring our success and as such our staff is required to meet the highest expectations. We take pride in our renowned safety standards and require employees to utilize safe work practices always. We count on our employees to perform in fast paced environments while still satisfying customer needs and maintaining effective working relationships. The ability to proactively identify issues and offer innovative solutions is also highly praised. We have a commitment to our employees and, in turn, expect our employees to contribute to the success of Ballard.
This position will be for our GLWA project located in Detroit, MI
Position Summary:This position will encompass performing engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction activities.
This position will be based out of our MW Office and will be required to travel and work from at the jobsites. The initial assignment will be a multi-year project in Detroit.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures or accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports for managements, client, and others
- Plan and design temporary structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Coordinates projects activities with Ballard personnel, subcontractors, and joint venture partners
- Responsible to assist with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management and quality
- Develop and maintain resource loaded project schedules.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Work with and be part of the estimating departments during project procurement phases
- Ability to act as a Quality Control / Quality Assurance representative as required.
- Ability to organize and manage subcontractors
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the project manager
- Ability to relocate as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective listening skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent verbal communications skills and ability to foster relationships with employees at all levels within the organization; ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives, and strong creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in heavy civil construction.
- Progressive Design Build experience a plus
Position Type: Full Time, Salaried Exempt, Net salary: To be negotiated, BOE
Benefits: Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, seven paid holidays, work life balance program, EAP program, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ballard Marine Construction, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended.