Ballantrae Property Services is a mid-sized company specializing in landscape contracting at commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
Ballantrae Property Services has a portfolio of start-up projects that offer innovative and environmentally sound solutions to waste management problems.
This position represents an opportunity to grow your knowledge and credentials in a florishing business environment. Our reputation is built on a foundation of forward thinking, integrity, and discretion.
The Executive Assistant & Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of Ballantrae Property Services office location; as well as supporting the CEO to meet the governmental and legal requirements of establishing three start-up companies. In this role, you will handle a wide range of office and executive-level, support-related tasks. The ideal candidate for this role has raw talent and learns quickly; has great communication and people skills; is highly organized and has entrepreneurial acumen.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist the CEO with managing client and management commitments, such as meeting arrangements (planning itineraries, meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.)
- Write grants for small businesses; shred credit.
- Assist in marketing and advertisement.
- Draft/ edit any correspondence as required
- Basic job costing and completing estimates professionally.
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Create a welcoming office atmosphere. Manage the telephone, email and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners and other parties in a timely manner.
- Stock and manage the inventory of office and kitchen supplies, furniture, and stationery ordering additional supplies as needed, and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed. Maintain all office facilities and electronic equipment.
- Supervise building maintenance and liaise with the property management team as well as any other equipment or service providers to ensure the smooth operations of the office
- Establish and maintain the company's paperless filing systems
- Organize company and office events, as well as assist with other industry and community events the company may participate in
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including packages/ courier services
- Assist with paperwork and ad hoc projects
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as necessary
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Ability to function effectively in a variety of roles in a dynamic environment under minimum supervision
- A problem solver and proactive thinker, anticipating needs of the business
- Some background and experience with landscaping and/or start-ups and/or legal procedures and/or relevant diploma, certificate or degree from a college or university
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Solid experience with the full Microsoft Office suite of software
- Extreme attention to detail
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives in a variety of businesses
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
At Ballantrae Property Services we offer:
- A dynamic team environment with some flexibility and autonomy
- An opportunity to learn about research and development by experiencing the magic of bringing ideas to fruition
- Potential for full-time employment with benefits
Ballantrae Property Services is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- office assistant: 3 years (Preferred)