Social Media Operations is a key member of the Marketing Team. At your core you’re a social media native with a keen sense of what engages, inspires and is useful to an audience. You are highly creative with an innovative, social first mindset. A passion for food, restaurants, and farms a plus.
Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor has maintained its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. We are now one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
Baldor Specialty Foods is now located in Bronx, NY. We also have a second location in Chelsea, Massachusetts and a third location in Laurel, Maryland.
Our recruitment strategy is to hire smart, energetic, talented individuals who are eager to take on new challenges! We are a progressive, growing company, rich in diversity. Whenever possible, we promote employees from within the company, and we value team member opinions. We provide training to all employees.
Learn more about us at baldorfood.com
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include
- Managing, developing and executing the social media content lineup across our social media platforms & brands (Facebook / Facebook Live, Instagram / Instagram Stories, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Bring innovative ideas from conceptualization to social media platforms for digital and social campaigns
- Plan the social monthly needs in the Social Content calendar
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Creative Manager, Creative Operations & Graphic Designer creative) to deliver monthly assets.
- Maintain visual and conceptual brand consistency across multi-channel brand strategy for collections and brand initiatives and apply to all social/digital platforms
- Manage paid social initiatives from conception through execution phases
- Strategize and develop effective social campaigns for Baldor initiatives. Partner with creative, merchandising, sales, procurement, marketing and events leads to create social-first content.
- Collaborating with the creative manager, Marketing Director on any on-site journey needs - channel optimized pages etc
- Creating visual & written assets
- Create & oversee content calendar
- Writing social copy as needed
- Creating simple social videos & taking pictures (iPhone)
- Utilizing Photoshop templates to create designed assets
- Collaborating with the creative manager on larger scale videos and image shoots
- Track and report on relevant KPIs
- Monitor competitor and industry updates within the social landscape, and sharing with relevant team members
- Feeding learnings back to the wider team and implementing them to optimize visuals and copy
- Testing new, emerging features on social media platforms
- Attend digital photo shoots and conceptualize content needs
- Manage the production process for all social media creative assets
- Develop and build out influencer programming and strong community engagement
- Monitor competitive social landscape, market changes and developments; remain current on emerging industry and digital trends; provide highly strategic recommendations
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Strong digital writing, grammar & spelling skills
- Extremely organized and possess a close attention to detail
- Experience in other forms of marketing a plus
- Strong collaborative and leadership skills for both internal and external business partners
- Established social media background including driving strategy for an innovative brand
- Experience using digital media to build community as a primary objective
- Strategic thinker with creative problem solving and impeccable, persuasive writing skills
- Strong command of web and social analytics
Baldor Specialty Foods Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO), we consider all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.