WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You love sea beans and finger limes, and you’re determined to introduce them to everyone around you, too. The bottom line is you’re a born Sales Associate with a soft spot for high-quality produce, farm-grown heirloom fruits and vegetables, seasonal beauties and Specialty products. In this position, your love for our carefully curated offerings will shine through in conversations with local, high-end and up-and-coming-chefs, who will look to you for knowledge and guidance, and trust that you’re getting them the best ingredients at the best prices.
You’ll work with established clients, but also feel completely at ease reaching out to potential contacts, or dropping by in person, to grow your database and contribute to our bottom line. Yes, you’ll definitely spend time in the car by yourself, and with vendors, in this position. Your love for sales, passion for food, and working on a team, is only rivaled by one thing: Your strong desire to learn as much as much as you can, whenever you can. This role has the potential to quickly evolve into a Sales Executive role.
WHAT YOUR DAY (AND WEEK) WILL LOOK LIKE
- Be the voice of Baldor. There is nothing more powerful than the human touch. We need you to set our service apart from the competition especially in this era of digitation Sales, Sales, Sales: Service existing accounts as assigned by your Sales Executive, as well as plan and organize daily work schedules to call on existing and potential customers.
- Woo the New: Work with your Sales Executive to create a target list of potential customers. Introduce Baldor Specialty Foods to new customers and build a strong working relationship.
- Deliver the Goods: Listen to the customers needs and deliver on promises made.
- Stick to the Budget: Review and meet sales budgets, which are managed by your Sales Executive, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Lead with Forward Thinking: Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer complaints, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem
- Strive to Keep Learning: Develop product knowledge in order to educate, describe, promote and sell all Baldor products to your customers. Participate in regular product training and get involved with farm tours.
- Know your Market: Monitor competition by gathering current field information
WHAT WE’LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
- Your PASSION and knowledge of FOOD!
- Your strong selling and upselling skills, self-starter go-getter attitude and eagerness to build a book of business.
- Your unrivaled communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Your never-ending get-it-done mindset.
- Your experience in Sales ( 3 Years Required)
- Your Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.