BALANCE is a nationwide non-profit organization committed to helping individuals and families overcome their financial challenges and meet their goals. Through local and national education and counseling programs we provide help and hope to families overwhelmed by debt, facing foreclosure, struggling to master their money, caught in a cycle of over-priced fringe financial services, or trying to purchase their first home.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Accounting Specialist who is an expert in QuickBooks, has worked for a non-profit, can multi-task, work in a fast paced environment, and is highly organized. This position would report to the Director of Finance and Contracts and requires someone that can work independently with minimal oversight.
- Assist with preparing invoices, account statements, reports, and other records
- Process accounts receivable checks, assist with Accounts Payable, journal entries, posting to the general ledger, print checks, maintain filing system, and reconcile bank statements
- Review expense reports for the accuracy and collect on the missing receipts
- Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents may have with obtaining payment for bills, audit invoices against orders, research discrepancies (if any), and handle all collections
- Assist the Director of Finance with a daily, monthly, quarterly, annual reporting
- Assist the Director of Finance with year-end processing and with preparing necessary documentation for audits
- Assist employees, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounting procedures, and services
- Resolve financial concerns from business partners, funders, vendors, and others promptly and courteously
- Handle periodic finance responsibilities [e.g. audit and tax preparation assistance] and serve as back up for other accounting functions
- Create, develop, and maintain accounting manuals, i.e. EDS, Disbursement, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel are a must!
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully work as team member, multi-task, and work independently
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years related experience and training
- Non-profit experience is a plus
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
BALANCE offers a fun and collaborative environment with exceptional benefits for our employees which include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan, 3 weeks paid time off, plus paid federal holidays, an extensive training program, and more!
BALANCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veterans status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)