Key Account Manager (Distribution) [#1755] - This position has responsibility of the commercial development, sales and management of strategic National Key Accounts for our products along with customer satisfaction.
This position has the responsibility to deliver the required sales to ensure the overall sales volume and profitability is achieved. This position collaborates with Customer Service, Marketing, NPD, and Operations leaders to ensure adequate commercial product and service initiatives and promotions meet account sales and profit goals.
In addition, this position is responsible for the strategic account planning, execution, evaluation, financial management (pricing) and presentation to key accounts.
Compensation and Work Schedule
Required Skills and Experience
- Term: Permanent position
- Start date: Immediate
- Work Schedule: Flexible, between core hours 7am-5pm
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Full Benefit
- Travel: As required
- Work location/environment: Brampton, ON; non-union warehouse environment
- At least 3-5 years of experience in sales management of key accounts preferably with the food industry
- At least 5 years' experience in a progressively responsible sales role
- Preference to individuals with relevant marketing experience
- Proven success in team environment is essential
- Consumer packaged goods / food service experience preferably in the baking industry
- Build and manage key customer relationships in the assigned accounts
- Create and ensure the successful execution of a strategic key account plan for achieving incremental profitable sales growth, new business development, and innovative solutions through customer maximizing customer relationships
- Leads a Key Account Support Team of internal cross-functional members (NPD, marketing, customer service, finance, supply chain) to develop optimal and actionable strategies, concepts and tactics for sales development and customer relationships management
- Establish strategic account objectives that maximize volume and revenue in assigned key accounts by utilizing fact-based selling methods
- Work closely with other sales and marketing colleagues and Director of sales on collaboration of successful execution on sales and marketing programs
- Proactively collaborate with Marketing on new products, packaging, merchandising and promotions
- Develop and deliver key customer business reviews as well as category reviews for assigned key accounts
- Manage Key Account sales forecast in conjunction with the S&OP team
- Develop and present business opportunities to retail corporate head-office buyers
- Work with Marketing to develop retailer specific insights and processes
- Travel will be required
- Provide regular feedback, reports and analyses on assigned key accounts along with industry trends and competitive information
- Recommend and participate in industry trade shows to maximize account opportunities
- Develop pricing strategies with assistance of Marketing to key customers to maximize profit and effective asset utilization
- Candidates must complete a background check and be eligible to work in Canada
Client Summary – Our client is a privately held company who for nearly 100 years has been a global supplier of par-baked and fully baked products and equipment to the food industry. They combine unmatched international manufacturing and distribution capabilities with their expertise, commitment and innovation to create bakery solutions for customers around the world.