Development Engineer [#1720] – This position is an exciting opportunity to be in a role that tests and controls complex engineering components in our client’s AV program. You are a highly creative individual with a high degree of initiative and a high level of independent judgment and execution.
You have a reputation of effectively organizing, prioritizing and accomplishing multiple conflicting tasks as well as making intelligent, timely decisions and solving problems independently.
As a Development Engineer, you are known to exhibit effective interpersonal styles to work collaboratively with business partners. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and possess a high level of analytical ability to deal with unexpected and complex problems.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Term: Contract position
- Start date: Immediate
- Duration: 12 months, renewable
- Schedule: Day shift
- Est. Reg. Hrs./Wk.: 40
- Est. OT Hrs./Wk.: As required to meet project schedules
- Compensation: $27.00-31.00/hr.
- Travel: Occasional travel, approximately once per month to Michigan
- Work location/environment: Oshawa, ON; office facility
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Engineering; Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical
- 2+ years’ Engineering field experience
- Able to quickly learn engineering software and data acquisition systems in a test environment
- Proficient in testing standards, test case creation, test case execution, test case data acquisition and failure analysis and test lab tools
- Understand engineering theory and principles, specifically mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software and control systems
- Familiar with basic manufacturing processes
- Basic understanding of Specification and Release terms and systems
- Thorough understanding of DFMEA
- Automotive controls/calibration knowledge would be an asset
- As a Development Engineer, you will execute design and product validation as per GMW/ISO/ASTM standards
- Develop test processes, test plans and test fixtures, and plan and implement test and development programs
- Support technical and design reviews
- Ensure complete validation, including establishment of validation plan
- Support engineering activities with suppliers, suppliers’ quality and purchasing to ensure product delivery meets established requirements and imperatives
- Coordinate manufacturing, powertrain, electrical and crashworthiness teams
- Candidates must complete a background check, pre-employment screening and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be eligible and willing to travel occasionally to the US
Client Summary – Our client is a global provider of transportation products and services, from their assembly lines to customers' driveways. This position is an exciting opportunity to join the company's Product Engineering team.