Business Development Manager [#1804] – Our client is looking for a strong candidate to grow business with wholesale distributors (WDs) who supply installers and fleet shop customers (ISCs). You have an excellent track record supporting business strategies and executing tactical plans.
You are highly skilled with face-to-face contact with WDs and their ISCs and are comfortable with travel within assigned districts. You have a reputation of effectively maintaining existing loyal member accounts and establishing new ones.
As a Business Development Manager, you have strong communication and leadership skills and a high degree of attention to detail. You have superior analytical abilities combined with great decision-making skills and can work both independently and in cross-functional teams.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Term: Contract assignment
- Duration: 1 year; renewable
- Start date: Immediate
- Reg. Hrs./Wk.: 40
- Work Schedule: Day shift; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- OT Hrs./Wk.: n/a
- Compensation: $45-51/hr.
- Travel: Throughout British Columbia 2-3 days per week; company car will be provided
- Work location/environment: Vancouver, BC; office environment
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Marketing
- Automotive retail or wholesale industry experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French preferred
- As a Business Development Manager, you will develop and execute sales strategies to drive revenue from sales of parts to warehouse distributors
- Achieve annual and monthly sales objectives and loyalty member objectives
- Be the merchandising specialist in the designated district/territory
- Prospect new customers and support loyalty programs, including Professional Service Centre, Automotive Care Expert, Key Fleet Program and Retail Service Support Program
- Service existing distributor locations, update branch staff on products and programs, monitor and update branch inventories and assist with inventory clean-up
- Organize and conduct customer meetings, product seminars and cooperative sales activities with warehouse distributors and their installers and fleet shop customers
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules and merchandising techniques and make recommended changes
- Candidates must complete a background check, criminal record check, pre-employment screening and be eligible to work in Canada
- Able and willing to travel locally
- Possess a valid British Columbia driver's license with a clean record
- Able to drive a company assigned vehicle
Client Summary – Our Client is a global provider of transportation products and services, from their assembly lines to customers' driveways. This position is an exciting opportunity to join this company's parts and service team.