Bakkavor - National Key Account Manager
Company Overview: You may not know the Bakkavor name, but you may know our food. At Bakkavor, we produce a highly innovative array of private label, fresh prepared products for the top grocery retailers and food service operators. Whether its soups, dips, desserts, prepared meals or specialty holiday items; we provide healthy, convenient and delicious options for people who don't believe in compromising even when life is hectic.
We are a leading international manufacturer of fresh prepared foods with over 18,000 employees across 48 sites in 5 countries. Our employees' dedication to the highest standards of food quality and safety coupled with our commitment to our customer, have positioned us well for continued growth and expansion. Join us on our journey from the farm to the fork.
- Deliver market and category growth for our premier client and Bakkavor by supporting the roll out of ready meals across the client's retail estate.
- Work directly with the team on site at their HQ ensuring they have the right promotional tools, marketing campaigns and positioning in store.
- Supports the roll out plan through provision of the right and timely insight, data and action to ensure success of the ready meals delivery to market.
- This role is based at a Bakkavor Client Site in Chicago, Il.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer management: Takes ownership of and supports customer interface do deliver the roll out plan. Builds rapport across the customer teams to drive delivery.
- Management and Support: Provides practical support and drive to client/partner to deliver the ready meals roll out. Provides specialist retail category and marketing insights knowledge to enable client/partner to exploit the commercial advantage including but not limited to; packaging; point of sale; promotion; marketing campaigns.
- Management Information: Provides ownership and delivery of timely MI for Bakkavor and client/partner leadership teams. Co-ordinates and ensures all relevant input / output information is collated, processed and reviewed with the relevant teams. Responsible for the consolidation and issuing of all Commercial reporting linked to client/partner Ready Meals to ensure seamless information flow across the business.
- Communication: Effectively manages communication on all matters with client/partner and Bakkavor trading, development and operations teams. Develops working relationships across the functions to ensure commercial delivery. Skilled in working and influencing across a matrix organization with a number of competing stakeholders. Develops effective and regular 2-way communication pathways between client/partner and Bakkavor to unlock value end to end.
- People: Motivate the trading and development teams to deliver in line with Bakkavor Values.
- Category Management: Supports the principles of Category management by providing and evaluating key measures and insights. Ensures all commercial activity is robustly managed & communicated through the business.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business / Marketing or a degree in a related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification and/or demonstrated experience in lean manufacturing and or project management are desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5 years of commercial or marketing experience within food manufacturing or retail
- Retail marketing expertise in ready meals or similar category including but not limited to marketing campaign management; new launches; point of sale and packaging
- Strong retail business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to drive delivery through effective marketing insights
- Excellent relationship builder, is able to drive mutual benefit through effective influencing
- Customer management experience within the US or UK fresh food retail market with proven experience working through or with trading teams to deliver category growth
- Judgment, integrity, work ethic, and results orientation to inspire trusted relationships;
- Positive; fast paced; dynamic with a structured approach to communication
- Strives for continuous improvement in delivery, behaviors and values
- Superior communication and engagement skills, including the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with individuals at all levels
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Relationship Building: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement