TITLE: Director of Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Sales and Client Services
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of Baker & Taylor Publisher Services corporate marketing, sales tools and materials, and public relations efforts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, implements, and measures corporate marketing and public relations efforts to enhance the corporate brand and position BTPS as an industry leader
- Manages corporate media relations, including working with Baker & Taylor's and Follett's corporate marketing team and creating corporate press releases
- Writes and edits copy for all publications and collateral, including but not limited to sales catalogs, sell sheets, corporate website, and other promotional collateral
- Collaborates with management and members of other internal departments to develop strategies for business growth as it relates to marketing and public relations
- Assists senior management and Human Resources with internal communication
- Facilitates other external communication as needed
- Maintains relationships with third-party marketing and advertising vendors
- Oversees, advises and mentors the Sales Support Department staff members
- Responsible for the implementation of BTPS strategy for industry trade shows and exhibits
- Manages in-house marketing and sales support staff
- Oversees the creation of all international sales tools and marketing of international client services
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
PC with Microsoft Office Suite, printers, copiers/scanners, multi-line phone
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 5 years' experience in marketing, publishing public relations, communications or a related field.
- Management experience preferred, especially experience developing and managing budgets, as well as personnel hiring, training, supervision, development and appraisal.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the development and execution of marketing, public relations and/or communications campaigns
- Professional writing experience in a business setting required. Candidates will be asked to submit samples of past written work, including press releases
- Exceptional oral presentation skills.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print and digital materials for marketing and advertising purposes. Graphic design experience not required, but preferred.
- Self-motivated, pays careful attention to detail, has exceptional organizational skills, can multi-task, and prefers to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Publishing industry experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)