The PPS business delivers pipeline and process services to the oil and gas market globally.
In line Inspection (ILI) and Integrity Engineering (IE) are services that provide inspection and pipeline integrity reports for our customers globally. Delivering accurate and reliable data based on detailed data analysis is the cornerstone of the PPS ILI business and is integral in ensuring the safe operating of oil and gas pipelines. The Data Analysis and Integrity Engineering function is responsible for routine production of customer reports using specialist software and skills. The minimum skills required to do this are included in ANSI/ASNT ILI Personnel Qualification and Certification and are supported by further bespoke training and experience.
Reporting to the Analysis and Integrity Engineering Director, the Senior Technical Support Manager is responsible for leading regionally or technology based teams of engineers, data analysts and sub-contractors. These teams perform accurate and reliable data analysis and evaluation of in-line inspection data to facilitate the on-time and in-budget delivery of Pipeline Condition Reports for the assigned region or technology.
The Senior Technical Support Manager will balance local resources to meet deadlines and budgets whilst identifying and developing the skills needed to meet current and future demand. This will involve planning, monitoring and control of the team’s workload, customer interaction, input into business planning with overall responsibility for on-time delivery, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction. Team leaders, with teams of analysts, together with operations support, technical specialists and Integrity Engineers if required, will report directly to the Senior Technical Support Manager, typically totalling more than 35 people.
In the role of Senior Technical Support Manager, you will:
- Drive EHS, Compliance and Quality culture, providing clear leadership and direction
- Drive weekly planning and communications to ensure deadlines and budgets are met
- Responsible for On Time Delivery and Right First Time reporting rates
- Ensuring systems to monitor work in progress are updated, communicated and utilized
- Ownership of customer feedback, responsiveness and interfacing with customers directly
- Interface with global functions to drive development programs to improve quality, productivity and customer experience
- Teamwork with global service managers and Technical leaders to ensure standardized practices and shared resources during peaks
- Interface with the Operations teams for accurate inputs to the reporting process
- Interface with commercial teams, reviewing bids and ensuring orders have the correct risk profile; meeting with customers where required
- Develop and maintain IT infrastructure, ensuring requirements to support the business are identified and delivered as required
- Drive competency training and assessment, drive team development focused on movement up and across certification levels, QA and client interaction
- Support the technical leaders to operationalize new or revised products
- Managing team utilization including vacation, sickness and training
- Recruitment selection, interviews and recommendations
- Drive and deliver team goals, coaching, performance management and individual performance feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of Management and / or Leadership experience
- Travel up to 20% of the time, as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills across multiple sites
- Demonstrated leadership and/or customer management skills
- Experienced in influencing and gaining solutions in a cross-functional / matrix environment
- Collaboration skills for working with other functions from Sales to Finance
- ANSI/ASNT ILI Personnel Qualification and Certification exposure
- Experience as Data Analyst or Integrity Engineer
- Knowledge of pipeline industry, ILI and IE technologies
- Experience in driving change and influencing in a cross-functional/matrix environment
- Experience in leading multi-site teams
- Project Management skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more