The Mechanical Design Engineer will support Baker Hughes CTRE (Coiled Tubing Research & Engineering) division with detailed mechanical design of down hole oilfield tool concepts, combined with lab testing and field trials of prototype tools. Baker Hughes CTRE has been the leading coiled tubing technology center for the past 30 years. This role reports to the Research and Development Manager at CTRE Calgary. The right candidate must be capable of creating new mechanical tool concepts using SolidWorks software, based on field requirements and/or direction from the Engineering Manager. He/She must be capable of detailed mechanical engineering analysis, taking a leadership design role, interacting with other team members, and have excellent communication skills (English).
- Mechanical conceptualization based on field specifications or detailed requirements using SolidWorks software
- Detailed mechanical engineering analysis on component parts
- Interact with team members or support staff to finalize machine drawings and to create prototype tools
- Interact with team members or support staff to QC and assemble prototype tools
- Interact with team members or support staff to assist/direct prototype testing, and to design test fixtures
- Develop field trial plans
- Provide on-site field supervision to support the new technology
- Oversee any design changes from field trial, and prepare for handoff to production department
- Project leadership
- Liaison with coiled tubing subject matter experts
- Directing and/or responding to timelines and budget requirements
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 1 - 3+ years’ experience with oilfield down hole tool design, preferably with coiled tubing down hole tools.
- Must be proficient in the operation of SolidWorks software.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more