is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Engineer / Physicist will be specializing in EMAT technology while working as part of the Engineering & Data Science team.
As part of the Global Sensor Systems Centre of Excellence, the Engineer / Physicist will be responsible for planning and executing development programs relating to the applications and fundamentals of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for pipeline inspection with primary focus in the areas of:
- ElectroMagnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMAT)
- Modeling and related data analysis / validation
- R&D work with new and emerging sensing and inspection technologies
- Modeling, testing, and development of prototype systems
- Development and maintenance of new and existing procedures
- Support of current commercial operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Physics or Engineering role
- Minimum one year EMAT or Ultrasonic experience
- Master’s Degree or PhD from an accredited college or university
- Data driven analytical skills especially as applied to non-destructive testing and inspection utilizing EMAT or Ultrasonic technology
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills
- Ability to contribute in multi-discipline engineering teams
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- MATLAB / Python programming experience
- NDE equipment experience
- Data acquisition systems experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more