Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
Division: Bailey West Inc.
Reports to: B.C. Sales Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling products through the achievement of opportunity-based sales. The Outside Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and foster relationships with current customers ensuring the customer's needs are being met.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Emphasize product features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and represent the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records; including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in creating request for proposal (RFP) responses to potential clients.
- Represent company and perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products at professional shows and trade exhibitions.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products, competitor activities, and other research.
- Understands and adheres to the company's health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to all employees.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Participate in the company's quarterly inventory count.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the B.C. Sales Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years in an outside sales role within the construction industry.
- Prior knowledge of Bailey Products considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales: 3 years (Preferred)