Founded in Bondi Beach in 2012, Bailey Nelson is a global brand with over 50 boutiques across Australia, New Zealand, London and Canada. Our purpose is to create the future of eyecare. To us, eyecare isn’t just optometry, it’s the entire customer experience from testing, health to high quality glasses. Every day, we positively change how customers see the world and how the world sees them. And every day we strive to constantly improve that process and ourselves.
We start with a process that’s clever and honest. We use it to craft eyewear that’s both beautiful and affordable. And we hire people who are passionate and genuine. We strive to deliver fantastic eyewear frames at a reasonable price, backed up by great service.
Bailey Nelson is now expanding into North America with a significant opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Director, Marketing to help join the company at an earlier point in its growth and build the brand, lead marketing and customer acquisition strategy and execute and drive engagement with all our customers.
Marketing Director Job Responsibilities:
As the Director of Marketing for North America, you will drive the creation and execution of our marketing initiatives across all channels in order to originate and execute in-store, digital, product and external marketing to drive customer acquisition, retention and devotion. You are an expert in knowing the behaviour of our customers, (their current and future needs), monitoring the competition and studying the economic indicators in our retail space and online. You will partner with the Australia corporate office as required on global campaigns, leveraging creative and brand content, to drive the overall growth of the North American business.
Additionally, you will be a thought leader in helping shape the growth strategy and will partner closely with other leaders across the organization in order to achieve the company’s overall corporate objectives.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Develop and build Canada marketing strategy for rapid growth both physical and online
- Accountable for driving traffic in stores and online
- Accountable for appointment bookings in advance of new store openings, knowledge of BN in local area and traffic to new store
- Develop customer acquisition and retention strategy for Canada that aligns with target budgets, spans local and national
- Create strategy for and execute multi-faceted and integrated campaigns via social, digital, community, events and PR
- Maintain relations with customers by organizing and developing specific customer- relations programs; determining company presence at conventions, local community events and collaborations
- Develop and execute a PR strategy to help build company awareness and share our story
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports on the business which informs our marketing calendar
- Data-driven mindset in thinking about customer analytics, lifetime value, ROAS and other key metrics
- Advise and communicate to executive and senior management team all relevant marketing matters, ensuring key stakeholders have the right information at the right time
- Own and maintain Canadian Marketing calendar that aligns with global calendar
- Provide direction on CA Paid Media strategy
- Able to operate and implement modern and nimble marketing platforms to execute marketing initiatives
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- 5-7 years experience in progressive Marketing roles at a leadership level, preferably in the retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Experience developing a customer acquisition plan that includes longer term brand awareness & short term traffic driving initiatives
- Data driven and able to analyze the success of campaigns / initiatives and adjust accordingly
- Experience working from and developing a marketing calendar
- Strong problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Confidence in dealing with people (internal and external) and resolving issues diplomatically
- Resourceful and high level of initiative – hands on delivery required!
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-started and team leader
- Proven ability to work autonomously with minimal direction as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills.
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to articulate vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team while focusing on achieving business goals.
- Able to partner with external agencies
Along with all the usual things like staff discount, great pay & benefits, we offer an awesome work environment with an exceptional group of people who will challenge and help you grow in your career!