Job Title: Outside Sales Representative - BC Interior
Division: Bailey West Inc.
Reports to: BC Sales Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for growing the Bailey customer base within the assigned region and selling products through the achievement of opportunity-based sales. The Outside Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories, physical visits to customer sites and a solution based selling approach. This individual will develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers, monitor industry trends to identify emerging markets and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, motivation and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Expand client base within assigned region using a variety of customer sales methods.
- Conduct cold calls, face-to-face meetings and presentations with potential customers to educate them on how products can benefit them.
- Maintain and foster relationships with current customers ensuring the customer's needs are being met.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Emphasize product features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and represent the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records; including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Identify new business opportunities through effective market research, networking and prospecting.
- Assist in negotiating agreements creating request for proposal (RFP) responses to current and potential clients.
- Focus on high-value sales and marketing activities
- Represent company and perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products at professional shows and trade exhibitions.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products, competitor activities, and other research.
- Understands and adheres to the company's health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to all employees.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Participate in the company's quarterly inventory count.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the BC Sales Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years in an outside sales role within the construction industry.
- Prior knowledge of Bailey Products considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales: 3 years (Preferred)