Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Calgary
Reports to: Plant Manager - Calgary
Job Purpose Summary
The Customer Service Representative will provide ongoing administrative and customer service support to our business. This position will require experience in various clerical office duties, as well as the ability to serve our customers in person and via telephone with respect and professionalism.
The incumbent will serve as an ambassador who provides a positive experience to all customers and ensures the smooth running of the office. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, dealing with customer complaints and inquiries and processing transactions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other company departments when necessary.
- Up-sell company products and services based on customer needs, in accordance with the company's program standards.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Emphasize product features and benefits, quote prices, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the database.
- Field and respond to inquires regarding products, service, pricing, delivery, returns, and complaints.
- Inform customers and co-workers of delivery requirements for orders and co-ordinate, if necessary, specific arrangements for deliveries as per the customer's request.
- Work closely and effectively with the Sales, Production and Shipping to resolve issues and to develop new ideas and strategies to improve customer service.
- Identify and inform customers of any product back orders.
- Assist the Inside Sales Department with any other necessary duties.
- Answer phones quickly, professionally, courteously and directs incoming calls to appropriate individuals.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written message for staff members.
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence including copies of invoices to appropriate sales representative.
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- Where necessary, assist in compiling data for various reports.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, customer invoices and other correspondence.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- Process and edit invoices and credit notes.
- Match picking tickets with invoices.
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understand, support and adhere to the company's health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an administrative and/or customer service role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using SAP within the manufacturing industry would be preferred.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Office environment.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)