BAI is the premier provider of breakthrough intelligence, innovation, and information for the financial services industry. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses, and communities thrive. We are a team-driven, collaborative, transparent, and communicative environment looking for leaders that take ownership of their domains, are agents of change, and are culture champions.
BAI Research is a data analytics line of business servicing the financial services industry including the largest banks in the U.S. We are seeking a delivery all-star with product management and product support experience to join the Research team in our downtown Chicago headquarters. This individual will also execute strategic initiatives and coordinate efforts across the organization to deliver products that add value for customers and differentiate BAI from competitors. Additionally, this individual is an excellent communicator and team-player, seeks actionable market insights, is highly organized, and contributes to new sales and customer relationship management efforts by providing delivery and product expertise.
The role of the Product Specialist/Product Owner is to lead and contribute to active product-related delivery, including but not limited to: new product creation, product maintenance and enhancement, product retirement, product ownership, operational process improvement and implementation, governance and change control, and COE/best practices. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring that products are developed efficiently through cross-functional collaboration. Maintaining close communication with Research Leadership throughout delivery is a requirement to ensure that expectations and business goals are met and products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a strong focus on customer experience, satisfaction, product usage, and market insights to aid in management oversight of BAI Research products.
- Developing and effectively executing delivery plans and timelines, managing dependencies, mitigating risks and issues, communicating product status, identifying key contributors, and collaborating with multiple areas of the business to deliver products on time and within budget.
- Maintaining and managing a dynamic pipeline of new products and product
- Serving as the Product Owner for Research-related IT projects and maintaining business vision.
- Leveraging a competitive spirit and a desire to encourage effective collaboration through a willingness to inspire others to achieve excellence in execution.
- Communicating effectively and maintaining professional relationships across channels with leadership and other internal and external stakeholders, both in-person and by leveraging advanced skill with MS Office applications.
- Thoroughly testing all products and assuring product quality and positive customer experience.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve internal processes and acting to implement improvements to enable timely delivery of products to market.
- Contributing to and supporting organizational development, COE, and best practices.
- Supporting and maintaining governance and change control.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5 years of professional experience is required, inclusive of experience in a project management, delivery lead, product management and/or product support role.
- Product Owner experience and familiarity/proficiency with Agile/Scrum and JIRA is preferred.
- Business analysis experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage several projects – likely at varying stages in the product lifecycle – at one time.
- Possession of solid execution skills, high motivation, and the ability to work under self-direction.
- Desire to take ownership/accountability and to follow through with tasks to their completion.
- Ability to take charge and initiate, with the power to influence team members towards building consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to accommodate a high level of change and adapt to changing priorities accordingly.
- Ability to ride a fast learning curve to quickly gain an understanding of the business, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (verbal and written) skills, including the ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously in a results-oriented manner.
- Advanced critical thinking and analytical skills.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and bonus potential with the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.