Product Development Director - (19000011)
Product Development Director
- Help us create better connected futures
- Make your mark. See the difference. Be recognised.
- Work with aligned engaged team members.
At BAI Communications we create even better connected futures.
Ours is a story of being big enough to deliver and maintain large-scale operations but being nimble enough to make things happen.
Our future-makers thrive on rewriting yesterdays rules. So we put Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity on subways and we create new services for our customers and communities every day.
We build technology and teams that people want to be part of and we have the courage to not only imagine, but to do what really matters.
About the role
Responsible for the design, development and technical support of Getinge products. The Director of R&D Engineering applies expertise as an emerging authority in the R&D engineering discipline. Highly competent, this individual works on complex projects where solutions to problems require ingenuity and creativity. Provides technical expertise to existing products, to product design transfer. Conceives and develops solutions to difficult analytical and design and development problems, participates in establishing system or component design and/or development objectives and writes complex specifications and engineering reports. Individual capable of executing project objectives with a high level of autonomy. Provides training, technical advice and guidance to lower level mechanical engineering personnel.
- As part of the Executive Team, provide input into the strategic direction for the Transit Wireless business, including technology selection, design improvements, services/products and the future business growth both within the subway and new venues.
- Keep abreast of changing FCC spectrum licenses and rulings and advise Transit Wireless Executive Team on their effects on existing and future business.
- Keep abreast of changes in the wireless industry to ensure Transit Wireless stays ahead of the industry with respect its wireless network.
- Work with Business Development team on RFP requests and provide RF engineering responses to these requests.
- Develop equipment specifications for Transit Wireless network and work with Procurement Team to find products that meet these specifications.
- Manage the development, implementation and testing of proof-of-concepts for new RF designs and new technologies such as small cells.
- Lead the technical efforts required in R&D for the support to existing products and development of new products and/or product line extensions.
- Effectively guide and/or manage the technical work of more junior engineers.
- Work across division lines to optimize opportunities to share technical skills and experience.
- Work with various functional areas to determine project requirements.
Provide updates to detailed project timelines.
Estimate capital tooling requirements.
Develop, maintain, and manage the businesses product strategy to meet consumer needs and expectations; continually evaluate new technologies, materials, and production methods to support the strategy.
Oversee the engineering processes and protocols to include product specification, testing, documentation and communication to ensure product criteria, design and performance meet identified requirements.
Manage the businesses Intellectual Property (IP) rights throughout the new product development and product deployment processes; monitor the consumer products industry and provide strategies to facilitate the businesses IP needs during the product development process.
Identify and delivery improvements in cost, time, and efficiency through effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
Support product quality testing and improvement initiatives.
Responsible for the reconciliation and management of the department s budget each fiscal year; participate in the businesses budget process to include identifying goals and cost assessments.
Maintain an up-to-date and current knowledge base of relevant trends, regulatory requirements, and technology.
Oversee the activities of the assigned team. Provide leadership, coaching, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the established policies and applicable laws.
Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, succession planning, disciplining team members and resolving problems.
Why work with us
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in product design and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience in designing mobile networks including in-building systems for both commercial and public safety bands required.
- Prior leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of Wireless Carriers and Public Safety Radio networks and their technical and business requirements required.
- Experience working with Wireless Carrier(s) such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon, required.
- Protocol knowledge including GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE technologies required.
- Experience working with DAS equipment suppliers, such as SOLiD, TE, and Andrew required.
We are a courageous culture and we do what really matters, putting people, customers and communities at the heart of every decision.
We believe there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion.
And we provide a learning environment, meaningful recognition for your contribution and competitive remuneration.
Help us imagine and create what’s next. Join us.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Work Locations: TW - Transit Wireless, LLC 1350 Broadway 3rd Floor New York 10018
Job: Product Development
Organization: Transit Wireless (USD)
Shift: Day Shift
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: 12-Feb-19, 10:50:31 AM