The Raw Material & Costing Coordinator is responsible for all garment costing in the development stage as well as supporting day to day development and follow up of raw materials across all categories.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must have garment construction and costing knowledge.
- Will be responsible for costing all garments in the development stage.
- Responsible to input all garment costing into our system and ensure the garment cost quoted is in line with our required cost.
- Responsible for sourcing and offering various fabrics to maintain our target garment cost.
- Partner with our design team for seasonal direction, source design requests and bring new ideas to the PD and design team.
- Must be able to Identify repeat qualities and maintain the standard of those qualities.
- Sourcing and tracking fabrications, trims, techniques for future developments with our PD and Design Team
- Set up and maintain fabric library
- Organize, file, label fabric selections received in the New York office
- Ensure all FDS sheets are received on a timely basis and highlight any issues with raw materials as indicated on the FDS sheets.
- Issue fabric spo's to mills and follow up all Order Confirmations
- Coordinate raw materials between Sales, PD, design & Production.
- 3-5 years of experience in R&D Development Position
- Technical writing skills and oral communication
- Resourceful, hands-on with a sense of urgency
- Must be very organized and self-motivated
- Great time management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Knowledge of MS Office, Proficient in Excel
Job Type: Full-time
- Garment Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- costing: 2 years (Preferred)
- raw material sourcing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance