BAE Systems Land & Armaments is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Estimating & Pricing department team in Minneapolis, MN. BAE Systems produces defense articles for the U.S. Navy. The main function of analysts in the Estimating & Pricing department is to produce cost estimates that are used to set the prices for the products and services we sell.
Required Skills and Education
Collects, summarizes, and analyzes financial/cost data for use in developing cost estimates used to set the proposed prices
Complies with internal procedures and FAR/DFAR regulations
Perform analytical studies of past performance to establish estimating factors
Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
Maintain regular, predictable attendance
Abide by all policies and procedures of BAE Systems
- In order to be eligible for this internship, applicants must enrolled at an accredited 4-year university in the Minneapolis Area.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Must be available to work full time during th summer.
- Must be enthusiastic to learn and have a desire to gain professional experience.
- Ability to use computers and software tools to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time efficiently (both planning and execution)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience in an office environment
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.