Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a Design Engineer or Technologist to join the design and manufacturing group at our Calgary location on a 6-12 month contract. The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
The Design Engineer or Technologist will be responsible for the development and design of Hydro Excavation Vacuum Trucks. Primary responsibilities will include the preparation of manufacturing drawings, CAD modeling, work closely with manufacturing, and ensure designs conform to applicable standards and regulations.
- Follow Badger best practices with a focus on Best Operator, Best Truck
- Ensure compliance with Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety-oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, perform engineering calculations, specification sheets, and CAD models
- Complete documentation and create drawing packages
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Participate as a member of the design team during brainstorming sessions and concept work
- Respond quickly to the shop floor's needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing spec., bills of material, or routings
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Occasional travel to our Manufacturing facility in Red Deer will be required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma from an accredited University or Institute
- 2-5 years of 3D CAD experience, including standardized drafting practices (Solidworks is a must)
- Experience with PDM CAD server would be beneficial but not required
- Experience designing mechanical components and assemblies in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to take ‘concept’ to reality
- Willingness to learn from one’s mistakes, take responsibility and not afraid to ask for help
- Strong brainstorming skills with an ability to create innovative solutions; an out of the box thinker
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole
- Strong working knowledge of common software packages (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.)
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. This will be a contract position for 6 months with a possible extension to 12 months or full-time employment. You can apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com . Please submit a cover letter, resume and a portfolio of your past projects.