Based out of the Edmonton office, the HR/Safety Training Administrator is responsible for supporting the Operations team to ensure projects are staffed efficiently through sourcing, recruiting, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database of available pool of labor, and managing employee compliance records in Safety Sync. In addition, the HR/Safety Training administrator will also initiate and support other corporate hiring initiatives as required. Below are the main responsibilities of the role in detail:
- Action staffing and recruitment requests in adherence to the Backwoods HR and onboarding workflow
- Ensure all requests for staffing are responded to and all information required is collected.
- Draft job descriptions based on current position requirements received from the Superintendent and/or Operations Manager.
- Accurately maintain a human resource database for future consideration to be used as the source for filling positions efficiently.
- Develop engaging job postings based on requirements of approved job descriptions.
- Externally post where appropriate (i.e., Reserve, Facebook, LinkedIn, Kijiji, Indeed.
- Manage assigned positions in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manage candidates in ATS for future consideration.
- Develop interview question guides for commonly recruited for positions to ensure consistency.
- Send suitable candidates to hiring manager (Operations Manager) for review.
- Create profile of pending new hire in Safety Sync.
- Coordinate and schedule D&A Tests as required.
- Compare employee project ticket requirements to project needs. Determine gaps.
- Assign direct report in Safety Sync to new hire.
- Follow up with new hire to communicate any outstanding safety tickets.
- Coordinate any required safety training for field staff/subcontractors for compliance to project.
- Coordinate new hires with payroll.
- Maintain HR Files.
- Create employee folder in Egnyte and place completed on-boarding paperwork in folder.
- At least 1 year of high-volume, short timeline recruitment.
- Recruitment experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Experience in recruiting Indigenous workforces.
- Degree or diploma program in Human Resources is an asset.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with little supervision.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of confidentiality and ability to remain unbiased in difficult situations.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Evenings and weekend work will be required during busy periods to support our field operations teams. When evening and weekend work is required, the incumbent's schedule during the week will be altered to reflect the additional time worked.