Based out of the Edmonton office, the HR/Safety Training Administrator is responsible for supporting the Operations team to ensure projects are staffed efficiently through sourcing, recruiting, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database of available pool of labor, and managing employee compliance records in Safety Sync.In addition, the HR/Safety Training administrator will also initiate and support other corporate hiring initiatives as required. Below are the main responsibilities of the role in detail:
- Action staffing and recruitment requests in adherence to the Backwoods HR and onboarding workflow
- Ensure all requests for staffing are responded to and all information required is collected.
- Draft job descriptions based on current position requirements received from the Superintendent and/or Operations Manager.
- Accurately maintain a human resource database for future consideration to be used as the source for filling positions efficiently.
- Develop engaging job postings based on requirements of approved job descriptions.
- Externally post where appropriate (i.e., Reserve, Facebook, LinkedIn, Kijiji, Indeed.
- Manage assigned positions in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manage candidates in ATS for future consideration.
- Develop interview question guides for commonly recruited for positions to ensure consistency.
- Send suitable candidates to hiring manager (Operations Manager) for review.
- Create profile of pending new hire in Safety Sync.
- Coordinate and schedule D&A Tests as required.
- Compare employee project ticket requirements to project needs. Determine gaps.
- Assign direct report in Safety Sync to new hire.
- Follow up with new hire to communicate any outstanding safety tickets.
- Coordinate any required safety training for field staff/subcontractors for compliance to project.
- Coordinate new hires with payroll.
- Maintain HR Files.
- Create employee folder in Egnyte and place completed on-boarding paperwork in folder.
- At least 1 year of high-volume, short timeline recruitment.
- Recruitment experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Experience in recruiting Indigenous workforces.
- Degree or diploma program in Human Resources is an asset.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with little supervision.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of confidentiality and ability to remain unbiased in difficult situations.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm with occasional additional time required on evenings and weekends during busy periods.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)