Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people with big ideas about the future of software for the investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago based company that makes web-based software applications for the institutional investment community. Over the last few years, we have grown considerably, won many awards, and built a lot of great software.
Backstop Solutions Group is seeking a results oriented Associate Solutions Consultant to join our Solutions consulting team in our New York City office. The role would be to articulate the impact of our software to prospects and existing clients to drive growth throughout the organization. In addition to strategically executing complex sales processes alongside our Sales and Relationship Management teams, Solutions Consultants actively contribute their expertise to drive Product development, Marketing strategy and implementation planning for Professional Services.
- Act as knowledge center for Backstop to consult on the intersection of client/prospect demand and system optimization
- Drive Sales through prospect discovery sessions to understand the their business objectives and systems needs
- Work closely with the sales team to architect sales strategies that drive prospects and client growth
- Execute product demonstrations for prospects and clients which clearly show how our solution can empower their businesses
- Work with the Implementation Team to ensure the client’s SOW is aligned with their needs and plan a path for delivery
- Serve as a bridge to Product and Engineer to bring insights from end users that drive the Product roadmap
- Deliver thought leadership on how our solution can better tackle the key issues facing our diverse user base
- Previous experience as a Pre Sales Consultant or Sales Engineer a plus
- Two to five years of software sales engineering/solutions experience in the investment banking or alternative investment industries preferred
- Experience with clientele in hedge funds, endowments, private equity, or pension firms required
- U.S. Travel required (approximately 20%-30%)
- Bachelor's degree required
From: Backstop Solutions Group LLC