Backroads is the world's leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you're looking for an opportunity with an established company (we've been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in dynamic environment with tightly-knit, collaborative and active team members, then, you've come to the right place.
Yield Management plays a critical role at Backroads - analyzing copious amounts of data & trends to ensure we have the best offering & best price at all times. We are seeking a candidate who has excellent data and analytical skills to help us identify opportunities. Collecting and organizing data with great accuracy and ease is a prerequisite, and the ideal candidate should be able to identify and interpret trends from data sets, present information clearly, and make strategic recommendations. We'd love it if this person is motivated knowing that our efforts contribute to more and more guests experiencing active travel with Backroads.
Purpose of Job:
Work with Yield Management to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This person will primarily work with the Yield Manager to identify the questions worth asking and work to pull the corresponding data to review, and ultimately act on. To get the most out of this role and to be the most effective, you should be excited and stimulated by the opportunity to improve our assortment and overall guest experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and manage Yield Reporting needs and data requests*
- Analyze trip and segment level sales performance and identify opportunities for improvement. *
- While we don't anticipate this person owning pricing analysis at the start, this is an important component and data point that is always considered when reviewing trip performance and looking for opportunity. *
- Provide insights to increase growth, drive sales & profitability, while improving overall trip quality*
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends using statistical techniques. These data sets are mostly related to Trip Assortment, Guest Behavior or Competitive/Marketplace insights *
- Make recommendations and help guide assortment & business decisions based on marketplace analyses and an understanding of company dynamics and long-term strategy*
- Support the Yield Manager with quarterly guest count forecasting and other regular forecasting/planning needs*
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Trip Development, Marketing, Finance, Business Operations and IT to optimize opportunities and insights*
- Work with the Yield Manager to prioritize business and information needs*
- Quality rules. Work to build and schedule the best trips possible and increase the lifetime value of our guests which drives the business and supports our mission.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field of stud Quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Preferably a background in Marketing, Merchandizing and/or Retail
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights from large data sets
- Experience with data manipulation utilizing Excel (SQL data visualization like Tableau or Power BI preferred)
- Organization and attention to detail and data accuracy
- Exceptional collaboration skills.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
Backroads offers competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Statistical Analysis Skills: 2 years (Required)
- Excel: 2 years (Required)