The Backroads web producer role is responsible for prioritization, requirements, production and maintenance of our web site. This role within the marketing department requires a mix of technical web site knowledge, strong project management skills and a commitment to quality. You can turn projects around quickly and are willing to follow up with stakeholders to ensure timely completion. You can prioritize tasks by importance and delegate when needed. You enjoy working cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, IT and Trip Development teams to solve business problems on the web. This role is not just about technical skill but must also be able to work within a highly-collaborative environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
This role reports to the head of Performance Marketing:
- Support marketing & sales objectives by managing web content deliverables
- Maintain and update web content as needed
- Clearly communicate web production deliverables to developers and software engineers via JIRA
- Be proactive at identifying web issues and UX improvements
- Ensure accuracy, superior user experience and quality for our web site
Knowledge & Abilities
- Previous experience with e-commerce web sites and or sites where rapid changes and accuracy are an expected course of business
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a web content production preferably with eCommerce experience
- Have a basic working knowledge of SEO – such as understanding server codes and how to address them.
- Demonstrated experience with various CMS platforms (Drupal, Wordpress, Shopify, Magento, etc…)
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator. Must enjoy working with others.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once, resolving competing priorities, working swiftly under pressure, and meeting project deadlines.
- Hard-wired for attention to detail, zero tolerance for sloppy mistakes.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and Multi-Adventure trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.