Backpack Interactive, a mission-driven, EdTech-focused UX/Design agency in DUMBO seeks an experienced, and highly-organized Project Manager to join our small but mighty team. You are an excellent communicator who can oversee all facets of our interactive projects, while seamlessly managing budgets, time tables, and deliverables for multiple projects at once. You can communicate effectively and confidently to clients and team members alike.
- Create project plans and status reports based on client requirements, scope/budget, and internal resourcing
- Ensure project deadlines are met through careful communication with all team members. Communication and tracking systems include shared documents, Slack, Trello, Confluence, Jira and more.
- Create estimates and scopes of work for new projects, drawing on historical project data to create accurate budgets and proposals for new projects or continued work.
- Manage internal team resourcing, workflows and task assignments. OWN the project schedules and be comfortable working with UX designers, visual designers, copywriters, and multiple technology teams to solve problems and execute projects on time and on budget.
- Be the primary point of contact for all clients. You'll be our air traffic controller - documenting client needs, communicating tasks to the appropriate teams, and following up to ensure items are properly addressed.
- Responsible for all client invoicing and financial tracking (forecasting resourcing, analyzing project profitability, etc)
What we'd like to see:
- 2-4 years of experience as a project manager, preferably at a creative agency
- Familiarity with the development lifecycle of digital projects
- Amazing organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excels at relationship management - is equally comfortable managing relationships between business stakeholders, technology teams, and internal or external design teams
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills (showcase this in your cover letter please)
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record of getting things done.
- Experience working with education, higher-ed and non-profit organizations
- Copywriting, editing
- Knowledge of Agile development
Office culture at Backpack is important to us. We're nice; you should be too. We are committed to serving Education and Non-Profit based clients to make the world a better place. Our firm offers full health benefits, retirement matching, paid time off, and a great working environment.
Backpack Interactive is a creative strategy, UX and design company that leverages 20 years of experience in the edTech space to dream up, design and build digital products that create transformative educational experiences for teachers, students and learners.
Please send a cover letter (this is essential to be considered), resume, and preferred salary range. No calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)