Millions of people around the world rely for their daily banking activities on the products we create at Backbase. Hundreds of financial institutions use the Backbase platform. Not one implementation is the same as another. As we become more successful, the demands of technology become more complex.
As a Java Back-end Developer, you and your fellow team members are working on the integration of our platform with our customers' systems. You will take on the expert role for anything related to back-end. The implementation may take around half a year, during which you will find yourself travelling to build relationships and liaise with developers on-site. The pressure is always on, the clock is constantly ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
What will you be doing?
It's your job to seamlessly integrate the Backbase platform into our customers' systems. You will build beautiful code, run tests and coach a team of developers on the client and partner side. You will also provide training to those who work with the platform. With your confidence and skills, you meet and exceed customer desires. You leave behind an impeccable impression and you will bring home components that can be reused or developed further.
Who are you?
- You are a creator, sensitive to product enhancement - you evolve and adapt to changing software landscapes.
- You talk Java, you love Spring, you like Microservices and you have more than five years' experience with integration patterns and frameworks (Apache Camel, Spring Integration).
- You also know about TDD and agile development methodologies, and last but not least, you don't mind putting your hand to server configurations.
- You're a team player with a can-do mentality.
- You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues.
- Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- You have the courage to learn, and to share your learning process with us.
- You have strong hands-on programming skills and you like to create smart code.
- We won't have to tell you anything about enterprise software architectures, nor web technologies, because your expert knowledge is up to date.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we're not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don't believe in simply "doing our jobs". We've always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase : -). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!