Backbase is disrupting the banking industry. Worldwide, renowned banks and financial institutions build their businesses using our mobile apps. What we do impacts the banking experience of millions of users every single day.
As an Android developer it is your core responsibility, together with your team, to maintain and extend the mobile components of the Backbase platform. You work on native mobile apps for Android that have a remarkable user experience, are secured according to prevailing standards, withstand the future and are absolutely stunning.
You constantly take the product to the next level. Innovative features and technological advancements are not just dreams for the future - ideas will swiftly be turned into daily tools for our customers. While the fashion in mobile banking is constantly transforming, so will your job. Are you ready to engage with a product that will never be finished?
What will you be doing?
You are responsible for implementing and maintaining various mobile apps, components and tools part of our mobile product offering. We trust you to nurture your baby and let it grow both beautifully and sturdy. What you build is rock solid and survives for generations. It is your job to be sure that whatever element you are working on is simple and fun to work with. Developers all over the world will use your code in compiling next-generation mobile apps.
You also collaborate with the customer support team in creating hotfixes, boosting the quality of the core product. When it comes to quality, there's a multiplier in whatever we do. You will dedicate yourself to testing, checking code quality, reviewing other people's code and compiling documentation. Experimenting with new innovations such as fingerprint authentication or retina scan recognition, and sharing product ideas, are also part of the job. Occasionally you will be working on proofs of concept.
Who are you?
- You developed at least three apps, of which one for sure is available via Google Play.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy finding out things for yourself.
- Comfortable in a Scrum team, using lean and Agile methodologies.
- Knowing that we have to run a business, even though we embrace a startup mentality, you will deliver speedy and cost-efficient solutions.
- A 'getting things done' mentality with great dedication to quality is important.
- Did we already say you need to be a good listener?
- You are excellent in reading code in order to be able to analyse quickly.
- We won't have to tell you anything about mobile development for Android - you will teach us your best practices.
We will be extra delighted if you have 3 year of experience working with the following technologies:
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Espresso).
- Scripting languages (Gradle, Groovy, Python).
- Jenkins or similar.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we're not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don't believe in simply "doing our jobs". We've always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase : -). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!