Position Title: Regional Sales Manager
Immediate Supervisor Title: Director, Sales and Services
Location: Bacharach - Canada
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Brief Summary of Position Purpose:
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for leading Bacharach’s sales and marketing efforts within RSM’s assigned markets and geography, including recommending sales and marketing strategies that will improve the region’s competitive position, revenue growth and profitability. The Regional Sales Manager is the direct interface between Bacharach and its target customer’s lead decision makers and channel partner’s sales resources. Sales activities are focused on end users, with the objective of exceeding annual regional sales revenue targets.
- Day to day planning, forecasting, and selling of all Bacharach products and services to foster revenue generation growth to exceed assigned regional financial targets
- Day to day strategic business development activities focused on growing revenue through focused pull through and supportive selling efforts with Strategic Accounts and authorized distribution channels with a focus on the high volume end user customers
- Work with Director of sales on the development and maintenance of an annual regional sales plan that meets and exceeds regional and corporate revenue objectives
- Work with the Strategic Account Manager, Marketing Director and Product Managers in implementing regional sales plan initiatives, marketing plans, and networking activities to drive regional demand for Bacharach products and services
- Managing and developing 3rd part sales representative organizations within the territory
- Prospecting, closing and developing new target end user accounts and strategic channel partners (distribution and OEM)
- Networking within industry associations and strategic accounts to build a robust network of Bacharach champions
- Liaising appropriately with inside support resources on customer inquiries-quotations, orders, service request, etc.
- Generating new sales opportunities and customer list with a focus on maximum revenue per order activities
- Representing Bacharach at regional and national trade fairs, conferences and exhibitions
- Recording and investigating/resolving customer complaints with regional account ownership responsibility
- Proactively preplanning 30-60 day travel schedule for maximum efficiency and effectiveness in field travel and end customer interaction
- Presenting/Conducting informational company/product presentations, demonstrations and training with strategic end users and channel partners
- Actively participating in regional and national sales and marketing meetings
- Developing membership and relationships with local and regional /industry associations
- Ensuring compliance with corporate HSE&Q policies
- Ongoing maintenance of RSM and corporate customer and opportunity data base (Customer Resource Management (CRM) database)
- Providing ongoing voice of customer (VOC) and competitive intelligence input to the sales and marketing management team regarding opportunities and threats
- Providing corporate and team update sales reports as required
- Managing regional sales budget effectively and efficiently
- Maintain effect and timely sales reports and sales team communications
- Bachelor's Degree (directly related sales /business development experience may be substituted on a year for year basis)
- 5 years related field sales experience covering the projected assigned sales geography and markets
- Knowledge and experience in gas detection instrumentation industry
- Knowledge and experience in pull through selling through third party distribution channels
- Outside sales experience managing a multi-state territory
Required Skill Sets: (e.g., computer skills, communications, math, etc.)
- Computer skills (Outlook, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, relaying information.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- 60-70% field travel typically within Canada.
- Effective leadership/motivation, organization skills.
- Effective expense management skills.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to set and achieve sales goals
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, travel, etc.)
- 60-70% field travel typically within geographic region.
- Position requires concentration, accuracy, and focused mental effort.