A little bit about Babylon
Babylon Health, headquartered in London (UK) with over 900 employees, is at the forefront of merging health services and technology by providing on-demand healthcare to people around the world. We currently provide over 2.7 million patients in the UK and Rwanda with video consultations on their smartphones and offer world-leading, AI healthcare advice, to help patients access care at any time, wherever they are.
Babylon is coming to Canada!
We’re partnering with TELUS Health to provide healthcare via video consultations to BC residents and, to support our growing number of physicians and patients, we’re recruiting for an Office & Administration Coordinator for our office in Burnaby (we’ll be moving downtown next year). This position is an entry-level position.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join a small and nimble team of ~20 HealthTech professionals as we get ready to scale our Vancouver team into the hundreds!
- The Office & Administration Coordinator position will have a pinnacle role in helping us scale our operations in Canada and be a part of an upcoming move to a state-of-the-art office downtown.
- You’ll be the “go-to” person for all things administrative including calendar management, data entry projects, booking meeting rooms, file management, reception, and managing our general phone line when we launch.
- This role will have cross-over with all of our departments and functions within the business so you’ll get to understand how a business runs from different perspectives.
- The career path for this role will have multiple routes in different verticals including office management, clinical operations, people & culture, and more when the times comes.
- We’ll be planning major recruitment events in 2019 so you’ll get the chance to be a part of hosting and running events.
- Our office is our home away from home during the week – it’ll be your responsibility to keep everything presentable and our kitchen well-stocked as we grow.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in an office-environment is important – we need you to be able to sprint alongside us as we enter a phase of rapid growth. If you have experience in a tech environment that would be ideal.
- We’re not too concerned with the number of years’ experience but we do value impact – when have you previously made a big impact in an office environment?
- The ability to demonstrate organizational skills and an appreciation for finer details beyond “I’m a big believer in lists”.
- Be prepared to show us an example of your work, your personal processes, or methods of staying on top of things.
Interested in learning more about Babylon?
See what our doctors say about Babylon or check out our FAQ. Babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included Babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At Babylon we recruit top-performers from many different industries and foster an environment that not only empowers individuals but evolves their careers to the next level. Time and time again, we’ve promoted from within and accelerated the career growth of Babylonians. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, open-minded and always challenging the “norm” or “average”.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, or being differently-abled.