A little bit about Babylon
Babylon Health, headquartered in London (UK) with over 900 employees, is at the forefront of merging health services and technology by providing on-demand healthcare to people around the world. We currently provide over 2.7 million patients in the UK and Rwanda with video consultations on their smartphones and offer world-leading, AI healthcare advice, to help patients access care at any time, wherever they are.
Babylon is coming to Canada!
We’re partnering with TELUS Health to provide healthcare via video consultations to BC residents with the goal of improving the Canadian healthcare system through innovation, virtual technology, and artificial intelligence.
The Talent Function:
Babylon Canada’s talent team is responsible for recruiting the top physicians across the province (and soon across Canada) as well as operational and leadership staff for the office.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Lead, the Jr. Talent Coordinator role will have the opportunity to get involved with building out the recruitment strategy as we scale, and will be responsible for handling the administrative aspects of the recruitment process. The compensation for this role is $40,000 and extended health benefits are available.
- In this entry-level role, you’ll have the opportunity to join a small and nimble team of ~20 HealthTech professionals as we get ready to scale our Vancouver team into the hundreds!
- You’ll be responsible for the coordination of interviews, scheduling, compliance documentation, and making sure our administrative tasks are handled.
- You’ll get to help build out the talent function of a digital health company by creating systems and processes around “hiring for scale”.
- You’ll be involved in full-cycle recruitment and learn the basics of headhunting candidates from sourcing > interviewing > negotiating > closing.
- Events – we’re planning major events to help elevate the standards and delivery of virtual care using emerging technology like AI. You’ll get to help with the planning, development, and execution of these events.
- You’ll learn agency recruitment strategies and tactics, and how to apply them in an internal setting.
- I’ll also teach you how to build curated talent networks using our ATS (Lever) and how to recruit in a candidate-tight market.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience using some form of ATS in an agency or internal setting (if you have to ask what an ATS is, it’s probably not a fit).
- It would be great if you’ve managed job postings and have familiarity with job boards and how they integrate with ATS’s.
- Familiarity with full-cycle recruitment or at least parts of the process (i.e sourcing, references or updating candidate notes).
- The ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills that might be relevant to a tech startup.
How to Apply:
1. Please include a copy of your resume
2. A cover letter is not required but please answer the questions below.
Interested in learning more about Babylon?
See what our doctors say about Babylon or check out our FAQ. Babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included Babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At Babylon we recruit top-performers from many different industries and foster an environment that not only empowers individuals but evolves their careers to the next level. Time and time again, we’ve promoted from within and accelerated the career growth of Babylonians. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, open-minded and always challenging the “norm” or “average”.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, or being differently-abled.