Who is Babylon?
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We’re at the forefront of making two worlds converge – tech and healthcare.
Imagine being able to access a doctor, within minutes, from an app on your phone.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine.
Babylon has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is changing how Canadians can access family physicians and AI healthcare support.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best.
Clinical Operations is the engine behind Babylon, helping us deliver a digital-first service that supports millions of patients globally.
A natural curiosity of the HealthTech space isn’t enough. You have to be willing to surpass traditional industry standards for our patients to provide an experience so brilliant that it sets an entirely new standard altogether.
If you’re passionate about our mission – and providing amazing care and support to our patients across the province (and soon, across Canada) – we want to hear from you about joining our team as a Babylonian!
The Opportunity at Babylon Health:
- As part of the Clinical Operations team, you’ll be working alongside leaders in technology, physicians, medical experts, and a fun, hard-working group of HealthTech enthusiasts who are responsible for the roll out and operations behind Babylon Canada.
- You’ll get to learn the ins-and-outs of our technology and gain extensive knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system. You’ll also be a part of a national and global turn in innovation, as technology becomes integrated into our understanding of what it means to see a doctor right from your smartphone.
- You’ll be responsible for up to 100 incoming and outgoing calls per day, as well as managing the post-consultation care for our patients by liaising with pharmacies and working with other members of the medical community. The ability to provide professional and confidential support via telephone, while typing notes, is important.
- The platform we use merges healthcare and technology and we’ll need you to be comfortable with providing low-level technical support, such as walking patients through downloading an app, or finding a particular tab (your “Google game” has to be on-point), and providing tech support to our physicians during appointments.
- Experience working with some form of CRM software and completing highly administrative tasks like data entry is valuable; you’ll be responsible for navigating and updating 50-100 patient records per day.
- Above all, the ability to demonstrate previous experience in providing exceptional customer service is paramount. Can you stay calm under pressure? We want to hear about it!
What We Offer to Babylonians
- Base salary of $40,000 per annum (pro-rated for PT).
- Share options, and paid MSP.
- 4 weeks' vacation + stat holidays (or days off in lieu if you work during a stat).
- Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
- A soon-to-be-completed, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown (TELUS Garden) with great views and lots of natural light.
- Part-time and full-time positions.
We’re looking to cover full-time and part-time shifts Monday to Sunday. Our hours of operation (and times you’ll be scheduled) are between:
- 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM, Monday to Friday
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday
How to Apply:
Ready to join us at this exciting time as we introduce Babylon by TELUS Health into the Canadian healthcare system, and expand across the provinces?
Great, here’s how to join the team:
1. Apply with your resume
2. A traditional cover letter isn’t necessary but send us a note about why you’re passionate about joining a team that is changing the landscape of healthcare and improving access for Canadians.