Ever thought you could change the world? Us too; let’s talk.
More than half the world doesn’t have reliable access to healthcare. Babylon is a global healthcare provider on a mission to change that.
As the leader of digital-first healthcare in Canada, Babylon by TELUS Health proudly provides primary medical care to patients in British Columbia.
Babylon by TELUS Health brings comprehensive medical care to patients that may have barriers to accessing traditional medical care. We do this through cutting-edge AI technology and digital access to real medical professionals like yourself.
Patients are able to access medical care with a family physician and allied health services using their smartphone. Doctors are able to provide full-scope care to patients who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access care as easily.
All patient services are covered by MSP, so patients don’t ever pay out of pocket.
See for yourself: Download the app for iOS and Android.
Being a Babylonian.
We believe that healthcare is a human right. Right now, at least half of the world doesn’t have reliable access to healthcare, and we won’t stop until that changes.
But to do that we need people who know they can change the world.
So do you think you can change the world? If so, you’re already a Babylonian. Babylonians are people who are passionate about making the world better, by providing better access to healthcare.
The Opportunity at Babylon Health:
- As part of the Clinical Operations team, you’ll be working alongside leaders in technology, physicians, medical experts, and a fun, hard-working group of HealthTech enthusiasts who are responsible for the roll out and operations behind Babylon Canada.
- You’ll get to learn the ins-and-outs of our technology and gain extensive knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system. You’ll also be a part of a national and global turn in innovation, as technology becomes integrated into our understanding of what it means to see a doctor right from your smartphone.
- You’ll be responsible for up to 100 incoming and outgoing calls per day, as well as managing the post-consultation care for our patients by liaising with pharmacies and working with other members of the medical community. The ability to provide professional and confidential support via telephone, while typing notes, is important.
- The platform we use merges healthcare and technology and we’ll need you to be comfortable with providing low-level technical support, such as walking patients through downloading an app, or finding a particular tab (your “Google game” has to be on-point), and providing tech support to our physicians during appointments.
- Experience working with some form of CRM software and completing highly administrative tasks like data entry is valuable; you’ll be responsible for navigating and updating 50-100 patient records per day.
- Above all, the ability to demonstrate previous experience in providing exceptional customer service is paramount. Can you stay calm under pressure? We want to hear about it!
What We Offer to Babylonians
- Base salary of $40,000 per annum.
- Share options, and paid MSP.
- 4 weeks' vacation + stat holidays (or days off in lieu if you work during a stat).
- Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
- New office in the heart of downtown (TELUS Garden) with great views and lots of natural light.
We’re looking to cover full-time and part-time shifts Monday to Sunday. Our hours of operation (and times you’ll be scheduled) are between:
- 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM, Monday to Friday
- 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday
How to Apply:
Ready to join us at this exciting time as we introduce Babylon by TELUS Health into the Canadian healthcare system, and expand across the provinces?
Great, here’s how to join the team:
1. Apply with your resume
2. A traditional cover letter isn’t necessary but send us a note about why you’re passionate about joining a team that is changing the landscape of healthcare and improving access for Canadians.
Digital-first healthcare, people-first employer.
Babylon is an equal opportunity employer. We hire the best, then foster an environment that empowers individuals to rise to the top in their field.
We ensure a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, open-minded and free from discrimination of any kind.
Babylon's talent team and hiring managers welcome applicants from any background, race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or pregnancy status.
If you feel any of our job postings are inconsistent with this mandate, we'd welcome any feedback you have as part of your application.