A little bit about Babylon
Babylon Health, headquartered in London (UK) with over 900 employees, is at the forefront of merging health services and technology by providing on-demand healthcare to people around the world. We currently provide over 2.7 million patients in the UK and Rwanda with video consultations on their smartphones and offer world-leading, AI healthcare advice, to help patients access care at any time, wherever they are.
Babylon is coming to Canada!
We’re partnering with TELUS Health to provide healthcare via video consultations to BC residents with the goal of improving the Canadian healthcare system through innovation, virtual technology, and artificial intelligence.
The Clinical Operations Team
The Clinical Operations team provides support to our patients and physicians by managing the communication channels between the physicians, patients and other healthcare providers. Full training is provided by our Senior Associates and the compensation for this role is $40,000 per annum with extended health benefits.
We’re looking to cover part-time shifts between:
7AM - 10:30 PM, Monday to Friday
8AM - 8PM, Saturday and Sunday
- In this entry-level role, you’ll have the opportunity to join a small and nimble team of ~20 HealthTech professionals as we get ready to scale our Vancouver team into the hundreds!
- Reporting to the Clinical Operations Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to be at the heart of our operational processes and see how our service is improving traditional methods of healthcare delivery.
- You’ll get to build relationships with our patients and physicians and be responsible for managing all queries by managing appointments, confirming prescriptions, providing medical referrals and results, as well as any technical queries related to our portal.
- You’ll be regularly liaising with other healthcare providers across BC to ensure all prescriptions, referrals, results and appointments are managed appropriately.
- Our key focus is on the patient experience – we go the extra mile for all of our patients so you’ll get the chance to surprise and delight users of our platform by providing a high-touch service, while working with the latest health technologies.
What experience are we looking for?
- When we launch our service province-wide, you’ll be responsible for up to 100 incoming and outgoing calls per day and, as well as managing the post-consultation care for our patients. Experience in providing professional and confidential support via telephone, while typing notes, is important.
- The platform we use is at the forefront of merging healthcare and technology and we’ll need you to be comfortable with providing low-level technical support, such as walking patients through downloading an app, or finding a particular tab.
- Experience working with some form of CRM software is important; you’ll be responsible for navigating through, and updating, 50-100 patient records per day.
- Above all, the ability to demonstrate previous experience in providing exceptional customer service to our patients and other members in the medical community is paramount. Can you stay calm under pressure? We want to hear about it!
- While not necessary, an MOA certificate or MOA in training would be highly beneficial.
Interested in learning more about Babylon?
See what our doctors say about Babylon or check out our FAQ. Babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included Babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At Babylon we recruit top-performers from many different industries and foster an environment that not only empowers individuals but evolves their careers to the next level. Time and time again, we’ve promoted from within and accelerated the career growth of Babylonians. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, open-minded and always challenging the “norm” or “average”.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, or being differently-abled.