Job Title - Events Assistant - (Temporary)
Reports to - Director of Events
Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty, ages 0-12 years, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 7 years, the organization has distributed 50 million items to children in need including over 29 million diapers.
Reporting to the Director of Events,Baby2Baby is actively looking for a savvy, enthusiastic Events Assistant with 2 years' event planning preferred. This is a five-month, full-time position from August 2019 - December 2019. Baby2Baby hosts a high profile, yearly fundraising gala for over 700 guests every November. This position would primarily serve to assist the Events Director and Events Manager with Gala administrative needs, logistics and execution. In addition, Baby2Baby hosts monthly "playdates" with families they serve and with supporters. The Events Assistant would support all Baby2Baby events during the five-month period.
The work is performed in an office setting.The playdates will vary in location.
Duties and responsibilities
- Aids Events Director and Events Manager in managing event logistics and execution with regard to the yearly fundraising gala and monthly events.
- Works with internal and external parties to execute gala responsibilities including website management, invitations, tribute book layout, donor payments, licenses, thank you letters, etc.
- Maintains accurate and current records for individuals and corporations within DonorPerfect software.
- Coordinates specific details for monthly events including photographers, volunteers, invitations, catering, decor, set up and tear down.
- Maintains relationships with onsite vendors and outside production teams with the highest level of professionalism.
- Manages event deadlines, timelines and deliverables, as assigned.
- Assists with event budgeting and fundraising reports.
- Participates in special projects and fundraising, as assigned.
- Runs necessary errands utilizing the Baby2Baby vehicle as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years' event planning experience.
- Prior nonprofit and administrative experience, preferred.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker, strategic thinker, multi-tasker and problem-solver.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail, excellent time-management and a self-started mentality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence.
- Exceptional client and customer-service.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Availability outside of a traditional Monday through Friday work week and outside normal business hours.
- Valid Driver's License and the ability to run errands using the Baby2Baby vehicle.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, preferred.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Due to the high number of applications we receive please do not call to check on the status of your application. The hiring manager will contact you should your application meet the requirements we are seeking.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- event planning: 2 years (Required)