Babcock Laboratories, Inc. is looking for a Staff Accountant to support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance & Accounting Department. Responsibilities of this full-time position include compiling financial information, accounts receivable tasks, accounts payable tasks, budgeting tasks, audit tasks and monitoring compliance with financial procedures.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste this address in your browser at https://secure.yourpayrollhr.com/ta/Babcocklabs.careers?ApplyToJob=268622147
(Please only submit a PDF version of your resume, as we won't open any word documents) ** Failure to follow application instructions may result in disqualification of your application.
Babcock Laboratories has been safeguarding public health and the environment through expert analytical testing services for over 110 years. We are a 100% employee-owned company that values integrity, respect, knowledge, equity, accountability, communication, and camaraderie. How will you contribute to our legacy?
The Right Fit
If the following statements describe you, keep reading about this opportunity to join our team:
- Strategic, resourceful, and results-oriented thinker and problem-solver.
- Flexible and readily adapt to changing and multi-faceted situations.
- Describe myself as objective, goal-oriented, organized, and accountable.
- Pride myself on my excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Hold high ethical standards that inform my professional practices.
In addition to pay and benefits, Babcock Labs is an employee-owned company and employee owners are rewarded for long and loyal service to the Company through stock ownership opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with maintaining accounting program, including, but not limited to, the general ledgers and charts of accounts.
- Execute month end procedures and review the month end close packet with the Controller.
- Responsible for verifying the monthly invoice totals balance between the accounting software and the LIMS
- Confirms that cash balance is adequate for payroll and completes bank transfer to fund appropriate accounts.
- Maintains the forecast by: updating employee cost data monthly, updating new contractual agreements.
- Enter in inventory reconciliations and provide reconciliation reports to the Controller and Inventory Control Specialist
- Second Point of Contact for researching inquiries relating to payment status or invoices outstanding from customer requests
- Perform Inventory Control Specialist duties when necessary
- Perform Accounting Specialist duties when necessary
- Complete other finance and administrative duties, as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited university and 1 years of accounting experience in private sector or similar work environment
- Or Minimum of Three years of experience related to required competencies.
- Knowledge of accounting software programs (NetSuite, Solution 7 and PlanGuru preferred)
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to apply accounting principles and procedures to assignments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer literacy (including Word, Publisher, Excel, etc.)
Please Note: Babcock Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
As required by federal law we must record certain statistical information to be part of our Affirmative Action Plan. The information you provide on both voluntary self-identification forms will remain confidential and will not be used against you in any way.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources department.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Riverside, CA (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Profit-and-loss statements
- Expense reports
- Internal audits for policy adherence
- Internal audits for tax codes
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Data entry