Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock is best known for our work in the Marine sector; providing critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. We are now expanding our Canadian business into the Aviation sector by providing Aerial Emergency Services to the Province of Manitoba.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees exude the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with legal and financial Directors during the bidding and execution phase of contracts.
- Be accountable for commercial performance, delivery and compliance within delegated financial levels of authority.
- Lead the development of commercial bid strategies, undertake commercial reviews and compliance analysis, prepare commercial bid documentation.
- Set and lead negotiation strategies, commercial negotiations with clients, strategic partners and suppliers in order to achieve compliant, best value and lowest risk solutions for customers and the company.
- Provide advice on the various standard and non-standard pre and post contract agreements and the process for securing legal approval to support the business. Engage with external legal advisors as required.
- Day to day management of contracts (prime and sub) including, where necessary, amendments, claims and dispute resolution.
- Provide leadership, policy and assurance on corporate governance such as data protection, and business ethics.
- Act as the lead on all export compliance issues.
- Complete other tasks as required.
As our ideal candidate,
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of commercial management experience, ideally;
- Experience in preparing commercial bids or leading Government bid evaluation teams.
- Full understanding of Canadian Federal Government, contracting terms and policies (SACC Manual), with an emphasis on long term collaborating and performance based contracts.
- Working level knowledge of insurance issues, liaise with insurance brokers as required.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject area such as Commerce, Law, or Engineering.
- MBA would be considered an asset
- You are eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Applicants, please apply online through our LinkedIn posting or through our website at http://www.babcockcanada.com/ .
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing. Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service
Babcock is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
We welcome your interest in joining the Babcock family.