Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock is best known for our work in the Marine sector; providing critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. We are now expanding our Canadian business into the Aviation sector by providing Aerial Emergency Services to the Province of Manitoba, and bidding for complex military flying training programs.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees exude the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
In this role, you will:
- Strategically lead a team of human resources professionals that oversee the Human Resources function including: recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, human resources policy and guideline development, managing the employment lifecycle; compensation and benefits, training, employee development, employee engagement and change management.
- Provide guidance, counsel and coaching on all complex employee and labour relations issues, producing recommendations and outcomes that support organizational goals, streamline processes, consider costs and reduce risk across the organization.
- Provide strategic leadership, consulting and coaching to company executives and management to establish goals, develop policies, and ensure that HR programs/ practices support the achievement of business goals, including using dashboards and metrics to track HR projects and performance.
- Participate in streamlining business processes to maximize efficiency in the organization with regards to Human Resources.
- Oversee the businesses compensation programs to maintain competitive salary levels and regulatory compliance.
- Consult with leaders to recommend, implement and maintain organizational structures and staffing models to accomplish short-and long-term company goals and objectives.
- Support the execution of annual compensation, performance management and employee development programs in collaboration with leadership to maximize the engagement and potential of all team members.
- Collaborate with department heads, senior management and Human Resources Advisors to execute talent review and succession planning programs to ensure that qualified bench strength is identified for critical roles and adequate developmental plans are in place.
- Create and maintaining an effective workforce planning strategy to ensure that the right talent is in place to support business objectives.
- Assess the company culture, identifying opportunities, and providing recommendations/ solutions to ensure that identified company goals and objectives are achieved.
- Liaise with legal counsel, employment-related tribunals, and consultants to effectively manage risks and resolve issues in conjunction with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to proactively identify and resolve workplace grievances/ disputes.
- Ensure that all Company policies and procedures comply with relevant laws and regulations relating to employment and HR business standards.
- Support the VP HR in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives/ programs in the areas of employee engagement, talent management, total rewards and business growth.
- Work with the HR team to identify, prioritize and implement strategic training and development initiatives to support the business.
- Oversee the administration of benefits programs and compensation structures in Canada.
- Lead the employee engagement program, in conjunction with HR Advisors and business leaders to identify strengths/ opportunities, develop action plans, and implement solutions to increase employee experience, performance and retention.
- Assist with the annual budgets for the HR Team and performs periodic cost analyses.
- Support other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development or a related field
- You have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in Human Resources capacity.
- You hold a CHRP designation is an asset.
- You have a demonstrated ability to re-engineer processes, formulate policies, and develop/ implement new HR strategies and procedures.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to think strategically to ensure programs, policies and practices are linked and reinforce overall organizational goals.
- You have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior management and positively influence management/ staff to act in the best interest of the Company.
- You have exceptional commitment to customer service with the demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues at various levels of the organization (i.e., senior leaders, managers, & front-line employees).
- You have experience in the creation, development and implementation of HR business solutions for a wide range of customers.
- You are a motivated individual that promotes change.
- You are an individual that is driven by results and that has a clear vision on what a strategic Human Resources Manager is expected to be.
- You have experience working as a human resources manager in a changing environment (asset).
- Being eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Applicants, please apply online through our LinkedIn posting or through our website at http://www.babcockcanada.com/ .
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing. Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service
Babcock is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
We welcome your interest in joining the Babcock family.