Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock is best known for our work in the Marine sector; providing critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. We are now expanding our Canadian business into the Aviation sector by providing Aerial Emergency Services to the Province of Manitoba.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees exude the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
In this role, you will:
- Support the software applications for Babcock Canada Inc (BCI), including but not limited to PEPS, SDD, WPM, IFS and web applications.
- Maintain BCI Applications – Bug Fixes, Service Requests.
- Design, Develop and unit test new database and web applications for BCI in accordance with department standards.
- Participate in peer reviews of solutions and associated code.
- Package and deploy software releases.
- Liaise with IT/IM Applications Manager on issues of business process and applicability to BC Apps.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Interpret business requirements and develop solutions.
- Write technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Assist the rest of the Information Systems Group with daily operations and special projects as required
- Complete other duties as necessary
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a minimum of a College or University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- You have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in similar role or related field.
- You have had exposure to Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c databases, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Oracle APEX, SQL Plus, Crystal Reports, IFS, and VBA
- You have had exposure to version control concepts with Team Foundation Server and understand unit test theory
- You have a strong desire to learn.
- You are eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Applicants, please apply online through our LinkedIn posting or through our website at http://www.babcockcanada.com/ .
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing. Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service
Babcock is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
We welcome your interest in joining the Babcock family.