Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock is best known for our work in the Marine sector; providing critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. We are now expanding our Canadian business into the Aviation sector by providing Aerial Emergency Services to the Province of Manitoba.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees exude the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the senior subject matter expert for Naval Architecture within Babcock Canada.
- Act as the Head of Naval Architecture within Babcock Canada, responsible for identifying required competencies and providing oversight and support to company Naval Architects in the execution of their duties.
- Provide thorough and thoughtful technical review and approval of Naval Architecture engineering documents intended for external delivery.
- Manage Victoria Class Submarine margins, specifically weight, stability, structural strength, and fatigue life; review engineering changes and assess impacts on these above margins.
- Manage a core team of Naval Architects as assigned.
- Identify risks, impacts, mitigations and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Naval Architecture stakeholders including customers, partners, suppliers and other Babcock Departments and Divisions, both internal and external.
As our ideal candidate,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture from Canadian University, or recognized equivalent; Master’s Degree highly desirable.
- 15 years’ of engineering experience in a related field in the last 18 years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Submarine Naval Architecture in last 10 years.
- A comprehensive understanding of Naval Architecture as applied to defence marine applications;
- A comprehensive understanding and application of Naval Architecture design requirements and standards for the Victoria Class Submarine;
- Demonstrated experience with submarine docking, trim and incline experiments, and SPMT movements;
- Demonstrated professional competence to oversee the development of a technical solution to a specified requirement;
- Experience with structural survey and repair is desirable;
- Working knowledge of Naval Architecture modelling and simulation tools; ability to work in the Paramarine suite of software is desirable
- Registered, or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer; and
- Required security clearance: NATO SECRET, CGP positively security assessed and ITAR positively assessed as required.
Applicants, please apply online through our LinkedIn posting or through our website at http://www.babcockcanada.com/ .
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Babcock in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing. Employee benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Company sponsored continuing education
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership dues
- Health and Wellness Program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Employer matching of employee retirement contributions
- Paid vacation that increases with years of service
Babcock is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
We welcome your interest in joining the Babcock family.