We are looking for a talented Marketing Analyst to join our team as in our offices in New York City.
Babbel has been recognized as one of the "Global 50 Most Innovative Companies" by Fast Company and is transforming language-learning for the digital age. Babbel's products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. These professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, chatbots, and Apple Watch, with more platforms to come.
Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. At Babbel more than 400 team members from 39 countries share the mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and is growing its presence in the US.
About the Role:
As a Marketing Analyst for offline channels in the US (TV, radio, podcast, print), you will crunch data from our campaigns (and we have a LOT of data to crunch) and help us make better business decisions. If you love finding the story behind numbers, in this role you will have a story to tell. From analyzing web traffic spikes from TV spots to merging audience and demographic data and visualizing coupon redemption flows--you will dig into data, establish processes, develop performance dashboards and figure out which campaigns are working for us and which are not.
If you love thinking out-of-the-box and want to build something new, then you'll be a great fit here.
Babbel is at an inflection point in its growth in the US and in this role you will help accelerate our efforts across marketing campaigns.
Working closely with our VP Marketing for offline channels, our Analytics department in NYC and Berlin, and our TV and radio marketing managers, you will create amazing work that will lay the foundation for acquiring new customers by scaling our offline channels.
You'll be working on:
Key Job Requirements Are:
- Collect, analyze and model data from different sources and provide actionable insights to offline managers
- Build reliable TV traffic spike analysis in partnership with our third-party providers and agency
- Create performance data reports for TV, radio and podcast campaigns
- Analyze weekly TV schedule based on previous performance
- Create tracking & attribution solutions for radio & podcast
- Ensure the quality of our tracking and data
- Model the impact of our campaigns on sales
- Dive into data and figure out attribution, correlations and sweet spots for our marketing campaigns
- At least 3+ years track record as an analyst
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel is your best friend
- Working knowledge of SQL and R
- A MS degree in a quantitative field (data analytics, mathematics, etc.)
- Experience in B2C tech company, start-up experience will come in handy
- Client or agency-side Marketing experience, offline advertising a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Competitive pay and 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, opportunity to work closely with marketing leaders in offline and digital departments
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.