B2 Engineering DPC is a dynamic consulting engineering firm grounded in producing quality designs across all MEP and FS systems. We value the skills and backgrounds of our staff members; together, we form a diverse, well-rounded team. Our projects span a diversity of markets, allowing for unique opportunities for professional growth. Our work environment is designed to help individuals to grow professionally while still maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Join our team! We are seeking a professional full-time Mechanical Engineer who is motivated and is looking to grow in the field.
In the is role you will perform the following:
- Prepare quality construction ready plans for residential, commercial and municipal projects that include Schematic Plans, Dimensional Plans, Specifications, Details and Exhibits using AutoCAD.
- Read and follow CAD Standards and Operating Procedures in order to implement them in daily assignments to maintain uniformity in work products. * HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing system modeling
- Organize, direct and conduct preliminary review of the requirements for the design of projects
- Prepare cost and quantity estimates for projects. (Microsoft Excel proficiency)
- Prepare project specifications. (Microsoft Word proficiency)
- Design and size system networks
- Review jurisdictional and client comments and make revisions as appropriate
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Update software system that tracks current job progress and tasks
- Assist in expediting forms and plans at various NYC agencies
Skills Knowledge & Requirements:
- Applicants must have successfully graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering and have 2+ years of design experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat software
- Must be strongly proficient with AutoCAD software and its design suites; must be able to demonstrate AutoCAD drafting work experience in MEP projects such as residential, commercial, and municipal projects; additional CAD experience in Revit or AutoCAD Architecture is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Need to be punctual, professional and dependable
In return for your talents, B2 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including, medical, 401(k) in addition to a supportive working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)