Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading gaming companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
As a Business Development Manager for early stage Games developers & startups on the Startup Business Development team, you will have an exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on AWS’s strategy to help our customers innovate and create new end-user experiences in the games Industry. Your responsibilities will be to develop, implement, and manage the go-to-market strategy for AWS within the longtail game developer and game startup ecosystems. You will also be responsible for developing and managing relationships with key venture capital investors and startup organizations in the games industry, and operating as a games subject matter expert for the entire AWS Startup Business Development team in its pursuit of getting and keeping the best gaming developers and startups on AWS. You will work closely with the global games industry teams to support innovation and develop a strategy that helps to drive the industry forward in creating new and unique gameplay experiences leveraging the cloud.
The right candidate will have successful industry experience interacting at the highest levels of startups within the games industry, and demonstrated experience in developing go-to-market strategies. This person will have a deep understanding of the games industry, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, and a passion for helping game developers and startups innovate and create new and exciting experiences! They will have experience and knowledge of product development, game back-end infrastructure, and live operation processes used by game developers and publishers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing the AWS longtail developer and games startup go-to-market strategy and working with cross functional games teams to implement and execute on this plan.
- Establish technical credibility and drive discussions with C-level and key influencers from both customer and partners within the game industry.
- Work with cross functional teams to deploy – pilot and scale – Game industry-focused programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
- Discover, capture and report learnings from the field about customer and AWS challenges and opportunities as they relate to the AWS games platform.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and align digital marketing campaigns to drive awareness and demand.
- Develop and manage relationships with key venture capital investors, accelerators, incubators and other influencers within the games developer and startup ecosystem to identify and engage with up-and-coming and established game developers and startups.
- Conduct customer and venture capital firm briefings, present at customer events, further AWS solutions-led thought leadership in the industry domains
- Prepare and give business reviews to the AWS senior management team regarding progress and metrics to growing startup adoption of the AWS games platform.