We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software leader to lead the Inventory Placement Crossdock Optimization team!
You will work on massively scaled optimization systems, working with stakeholders from all areas of Amazon's supply chain business. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong understanding of core software development and algorithmic concepts. You are passionate about technology and want to solve real business problems.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. They should understand various optimization techniques and build innovative software solutions working with the supply chain business partners in delivering a viable solution.
You will be pioneering complex optimization algorithms that factor in; inventory placement, fulfillment center capabilities, costs and the guaranteed customer delivery date, to determine how best to fulfill customer orders. You will build a team of innovators who will not simply implement known algorithms to solve challenging problems, but will invent these algorithms and then continually optimize them to reduce Amazon's expenses while at the same time ensuring they delight Amazon's customers. Your team will be Agile, practice test-driven development, pair programming and continuously integrate; allowing you to deploy to production multiple times a day! To say you will be working in an exciting and challenging environment will understate your experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years of software management experience in leading full lifecycle development
- A minimum of 5 years Software development experience in Java, C/C++, and UNIX
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Has developed innovative solutions for optimization problems
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big