The Alexa Blueprints team is looking for a highly motivated, creative and passionate Software Development Engineer - Test II (L5) to develop and internationally expand this org critical project. If you're eager to build products that customers will love and use every day, come join us! We're expanding a team that thrives in a start-up like environment where flexibility, teamwork, and delivering rock-solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
Alexa Blueprints is a responsive web application with desktop and mobile web footprint. The skills created from blueprints are available on 1P, 2P, and 3P devices with a wide array of form factors and capabilities. In this role, you will be creating and designing test automation and frameworks for various new features in our product to work across various locations, devices and form factors. You will be working with cross-functional teams and roles across our org to launch best in class technical solutions for web and mobile application testing. You will work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, SDETs, Product Managers, UX Designers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality development of our applications and platforms. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will be a key member of a team building an innovative new product that will change customers' lives.
You are highly collaborative, with a proven track record for working closely with teams to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions. You think big, and earn trust through regular and precise communication. You have strong analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Join our team and help us launch something new that will truly surprise and delight our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer - Test (SDET) or similar role
- In depth understanding of building complex Test Strategies, Test Plans, and automation for long-term sustainability
- Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of Automation frameworks and tools, with demonstrated experience in SDET role
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Experience with manual testing, automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices (Alexa, FireTV, Mobiles)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills