As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will be completely responsible for the design, engineering, testing, release, and support of your tools. You will own the UI, services, algorithms, and data storage associated with these areas. Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our developers through peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
Specifically, our team is building and maintaining highly scalable tools that allow Customer Service Associates (CSAs) to efficiently address a high volume of customer inquiries. In addition, the team is designing a next generation Case Management system that would allow the CSAs to be even more effective in addressing customer issues end to end. The team works in an Agile environment using modern software development approaches such as Continuous Deployment, Design Patterns, TDD, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent program with formal training in computer science basics such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, order analysis
- 3+ years of experience in Java or other Software Object Oriented language
- Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong passion for delivering high-quality software
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Experience with Cloud applications
- Experience with Angular, CSS, AJAX
- Linux experience a plus
- Lean methodology experience a plus