Like building platforms and tools, hard technical challenges, and enabling video content creators to earn a living doing what they love? We're looking for a Software Engineer to work company-wide to deliver our new builder platform. You will identify holes and gaps and deliver on a world class, next gen set of tools for all developers at Twitch. You will have company wide impact while accelerating development of all services, and ensuring availability of Twitch.tv.
A perfect fit in this environment requires you to be:
someone looking to constantly improve, adaptable to meet challenging goals in an agile team, self motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress, a proven collaborator across all disciplines, and motivated to quickly learn new technologies and weird things built on old ones.
- Build new and support existing tools shared across Twitch to make software better
- Develop tools and automation to ease the setup and maintenance of services
- Participate in setting a company wide vision for software development
- Act as a mentor to other engineers in the company as an expert in tools
- Work closely with internal teams to find the right solution BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Understanding of deployment tools and the software that makes software work
- Experience debugging complicated production software
- A desire to constantly make things better PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Go and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with Java and Ruby
- Experience with a monitoring / alarming solution (Cloudwatch or otherwise)